Everyone needs to make money, but finding a career that is both fulfilling and provides a livable income is a difficult task! This post will help you sift through some questions about deciding on a career, which will help make intelligent plans for you future. Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself before deciding on a career!
- What do you like to do? Maybe you have lots of hobbies, maybe you have one sole passion; or, perhaps, you don’t have a strong drive to do any one thing repetitively, and instead you prefer a variety of experiences. Whatever your personal situation may be, everyone (hopefully) likes to do something, and it’s important to be very sure of what’s important to you when making a career decision.
- What are you good at? This question is different than question 1, in that it takes the perspective away from you, the individual, to the the whole community. It’s key to take the things you like to do, and do them in a way that is helpful to others around you. A career that meets in between of your personal interests and the interests of the community will be a satisfying career choice.
- How much money do you want? Of course most people want plenty of money and power and freedom, but these do not come easily without lots of work. Keep in mind that the more money you want, this could come at the price of time to enjoy it.
- How much money do you need? This question will help you think about the essentials of money making. Do you have debt you need to pay off, or a family to raise? Would you like to travel or invest in a business or school? If so, plan your career around these money making essentials to maximize your financial security.
- Could you do the specific tasks involved in the career you are thinking about EVERY DAY? Sometimes it is easy to think vaguely about a career, imagining the prestige and money it could bring without considering the day in and day out mundane facts of it. Talk to people in the career you are considering—what do they perceive to be the pros and cons?
I hope these 5 career questions will help you make a wise decision about your future! Don’t forget to shop Nine West to save money and dress for the career you want today.